The only Wilderness Conference focusing on Europe’s last Wilderness will be held May 27-29, 2019 in the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Salzburg Lungau.
In 2019 we honour 5 years of European Wilderness Society, 10 years of Wilderness in Europe and 55 years of the US Wilderness Act. Join us!
- New Speaker Announced – Vlado Trulik, Slovakia
- New Speaker Announced – Mindaugas Lalepė, Lithuania
- New Speakers Announced – Vasyl Pokynchereda and Roman Kuzminskyy, Ukraine
- New Speaker Announced – Joanna Tusznio, Poland
- New Speaker Announced – Garry Oye, USA
Speaker highlights… more to follow!
- Garry Oye – Former Wilderness Chief of US National Park Service – Evolution of Wilderness policy, regulation and law – How it all came to be in the US
- John Haussdoerfer – University of Western Colorado – What can the US and Europe learn from each other
- Angelika Stückler – Kalkalpen National Park – The Value and Challenges of the Kalkalpen Wilderness
- Vasyl Pokynchereda and Mykola Rybak – Carpathian Biosphere Reserve – Development of a new Wilderness-focused management plan in Ukraine
- Giuseppe Marcantonio – Majella National Park – Majella National Park: Wilderness in the heart of the Mediterranean
- Yaroslav Petrashchuk – Gorgany Nature Reserve – History of Wilderness in Gorgany, Ukraine
- Mindaugas Lapele – Dzukija National Park – Čepkeliai the largest wilderness of Lithuania
- Ondrej Kameniar – REMOTE Primary Forests – Destruction of Primary Forests in the Carpathian Mountains
You can see the full programme here.
This year already speakers from 11 countries have signed up to talk about such interesting issues like the differences and commonalities of Wilderness in the US and Europe, successful Wilderness outreach programmes, sustainable tourism in action, wildlife, the new and updated European Wilderness Quality Standard and Audit System 2.0 and the European Wilderness Network.
What your ticket includes:
- Wilderness Welcome Pack
- Access to all presentations and workshops
- Wilderness Anniversary Gala Dinner on Monday
- Complimentary ticket to Wilderness Film Festival
- Certificate ceremony for all participants
- Excursion in the Ramsar and Wilderness Areas in Salzburger Lungau Biosphere Reserve
- Lunch Monday and Wednesday
- Coffee, tea and light refreshments, Monday and Wednesday
- Dinner included for Monday, Tuesday
- Opportunity to shape the future of Wilderness in Europe
- Friendly and inclusive environment
Wilderness Film Festival
We will screen on Tuesday evening several award-winning films, showcasing large carnivores and Wilderness. This evening is also open to the public.