The only Wilderness Conference focusing on Europe’s last Wilderness will be held May 27-29, 2019 in the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Salzburg Lungau.
In 2019 we honour 5 years of European Wilderness Society, 10 years of Wilderness in Europe and 55 years of the US Wilderness Act. Join us!
What your ticket includes:
- Wilderness Welcome Pack
- Access to all presentations and workshops
- Wilderness Anniversary Gala Dinner on Monday (only for 3-day ticket holder)
- Complimentary ticket to Wilderness Film Festival
- Complimentary ticket to Thursday Workshops
- Certificate ceremony for all participants
- Excursion in the Ramsar and Wilderness Areas in Salzburger Lungau Biosphere Reserve
- Opportunity to shape the future of Wilderness in Europe
- Friendly and inclusive environment
- Lunch Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Coffee, tea and light refreshments, Monday and Wednesday
- Dinner included for Tuesday
This year we are inviting speakers for a range of themes; Wilderness in the US and Europe, from several European Wilderness Network Partners to talk about Wilderness outreach, sustainable tourism, legal issues in Wilderness, beech forests, the European Wilderness Network, and more.
For a full insight into our themes, please see the schedule.
Wilderness Film Festival
We will screen on Tuesday evening several award-winning films, showcasing large carnivores and Wilderness. This evening is also open to the public.
Extra Wilderness-fueled Day!
Thursday, May 30th will be an additional Wilderness Academy Day for those interested. New to the Wilderness Academy for 2019, we offer a series of art and cultural themed Wilderness workshops, including Wilderness Writing and the European Outdoor Ethics programme.
European Wilderness Society
Founded on more than 20 years of Wilderness work by our founders, the European Wilderness Society is the only Pan-European, Wilderness and environmental advocacy non-profit, non-government organisation. It has a dedicated multi-cultural and experienced team of Wilderness and wildlife specialists, nature conservationists, researchers and scientists, tourism experts, marketing and business professionals, legal advisors and Wilderness advocates, whose mission is to: identify, designate, steward, and promote Europe’s last Wilderness, WILDCoasts, WILDForests, WILDIslands and WILDRivers.